Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see following changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions when we schedule or confirm your appointment.
- You will be suggested to limit extra companions on your trip to our office to only essential people in order to reduce the number of people in the reception area.
- Upon arrival in the parking lot for your scheduled appointment, please remain in your car and call us. You will be asked those same screening questions again. We will welcome you enter our office once the treatment room is ready.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Your temperature will be taken by using a contactless thermometer when you check in. Any patient with a fever or other COVID-19 related symptoms will be asked to see their physician prior to the dental appointment.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We will check temperatures and health questions on our doctors and staff members every day.
- All dental equipment and treatment rooms will be professionally cleaned and disinfected. Every treatment room is equipped with a HEPA air purifier and will be sprayed with HOCL fogging in between patients to remove aerosols in the air.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 740-387-5196.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.